9 Ways to Use Your Personal Branding Photos Effectively
Hey there! If you’re reading this, you might be considering a personal branding photo shoot for yourself and want to know how this investment will be used to help your business. Well, I’m here to inform you that there are SO many ways to use your personal branding photos! So sit back, relax, and let your mind unfold in seeing the possibilities.
1) Email newsletters. Freshen up those email newsletters with beautiful images that speak to your brand! The alternative stock photos can feel boring and less personal for your audience. Catch their attention with a lifestyle photo of you or your product from your personal branding session. My client Erin of Nutrition Rewired uses her photos from her branding session in her newsletters that she sends out to her clients. It simply makes it more personal.
2) Portraits for speaking events or features. Are you someone who is consistently involved with speaking engagement or features? If so, having an up-to-date photo of yourself is so important! Ten times out of ten you will receive a request for an updated portrait of yourself to be featured in their promotion or advertisement for the event. This will be their audience’s first impression of you, so it’s great to have a portrait of yourself from your personal branding session on hand that you feel good and confident about.
3) Website updates. If your ideal clients find you through a Google search, more than likely they will end up on your website to do some more digging as to why they should hire you. Impress them with your photos to give your website a cleaner, more updated, and professional look! My client Becki built her website from scratch and used a variety of her personal branding photos to allow all of her pages to pull nicely together!
4) Social media profile photos. Consistency is key, so why not update your profile photo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn? If you are a professional, then people will expect you to present yourself as one. Rather than using that old photo that you took of yourself using your cell phone, you are so much better off using a clear and crisp portrait of yourself from your personal branding photo shoot. My client Kara and her photo for her Facebook page to appear more professional.
5) Blog posts. Blogging has become a norm for small business owners and entrepreneurs - but using good quality, professional photos for blog posts has unfortunately not! The photos that you include in your blog post should enhance the subject that you are writing about, yet I’ve seen countless blogs with photos that are extremely unprofessional. Consider investing in branding photography to support the credibility of your blog rather than using generic stock photos. My client Erin has used her branding photos for multiple blog posts that she has written.
6) Tangible marketing material (flyers, business cards, brochures, folders, etc.). Remember, you can use your digital photos for print outs! If you send your clients mail, reserve a booth spot at the local craft fair or event, or often hand out your business cards - use these as opportunities to use your beautiful images! Again, you will appear more professional if you use professional photos.
7) Social media consistency. Consistency is extremely important when it comes to creating your brand, and social media plays an important role in this. By using the images from your personal branding photo session, you will guarantee a consistent look. My client Jasmin did a great job incorporating her photos through out her feed. Can you spot the ones that we captured during her photo shoot?
8) Instagram and Facebook stories and promotions. This may seem like an obvious one, but a lot of people actually forget that they can use their personal branding photos for ads and promotions online! In fact, this is probably the best way to use your images because more people are likely to see an ad or promotion that you paid for. Go marketing!
9) Product images on Amazon, Etsy, Shopify, etc. If you sell tangible products to your clients, having professional photos taken of them is extremely important! My client Nancy needed photos specifically of her product so that she could use the images on her Amazon page to market it. Whether you sell your product on Amazon or Etsy, you will benefit by investing in a personal branding photographer.
Are you feeling better about making the investment in personal branding photography? I promise that you’ll be so glad you did!